Please apply here on „MINTbund.de“ with the „Apply Now“ link/button at the top right.
Note: Please apply exclusively via our direct application link hosted by Empfehlungsbund and MINTbund.de: https://en.mintbund.de/jobs/234915/group-leader-scalable-computing-hardware-m-strich-f-strich-d-in-dresden. We are looking forward to meet you!
The Barkhausen Institut performs research on the latest hardware, software and communication technologies and demonstrates their application in tomorrow's society. Our goal is to build a flexible and trustworthy IoT platform based on reliable electronics and secure communication methods.
At the earliest possible date we are looking for a
Group Leader “Scalable Computing Hardware” (m/f/d)
Your responsibilities will include
- Scientific leadership of the research group “Scalable Computing Hardware” and development of international competitive research topics
- Interdisciplinary collaboration with research groups of the Barkhausen Institut and other universities and research institutions
- Acquisition of third-party funding to expand the research group
- Publication of research results
We expect the following
- Above-average MSc/Diploma and PhD degree in areas related to our research focus (Electrical Engineering)
- Excellent and broad knowledge in the fields of digital hardware design and processor architectures
- Experience with hardware description languages and embedded programming
- Very good communication and writing skills in English
- An integrative and cooperative personality with excellent communication and social skills
- Experience and knowledge in soliciting and managing externally funded projects and the collaboration with industry partners are a plus
You are interested, but you don’t think you meet all the requirements of the job posting? Then you should know: We don’t hire resumes, we hire people. We are looking for potential and want to actively foster it. That‘s why we encourage you to apply!
What we provide
- Challenging cutting-edge research topics
- Cross-disciplinary projects
- An open and creative team
- Agile working hours and workflows
- Flat hierarchies for your ideas and flexible teams
- Competitive salary
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you.
Life and science are compatible at our institute. We offer a range of recognised family-friendly measures, such as part-time work, mobile working and flexible working hours that take family needs into account. We also offer support for arriving in Dresden (all formalities, apartment etc.).
Your application should include: motivation letter, CV, copy of university degree and PhD certificate, short summary of doctoral thesis, and list of publications. Applications from women are particularly welcome.
We only accept complete documents as one single PDF document by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “GL Scalable Computing Hardware” in the subject line. Applications that contain other file formats (e.g. Word, Excel) will not be considered in the selection process. Informal inquiries can also be submitted to the same address.
The data submitted by you in the course of the application procedure will be processed by the Barkhausen Institut (BI). BI shall use the data for the purposes of the application procedure. No data shall be passed on to third parties.
Short profile of Barkhausen Institut gGmbH
The Barkhausen Institute is an independent research institute in Dresden, which works closely with the Technical University of Dresden and focuses on the core fields of the Internet of Things (IoT). The institute conducts application-oriented basic research with a time horizon of 5 to 10 years before market launch. As an innovation centre for IoT technologies, it is the contact for local and global industry.
In addition, the Barkhausen Institut attaches particular importance to the communication of research results and research methods. The discourse with the public about technological developments is part of the everyday work of all researchers.